Friday, September 26, 2008

First Post

I don't want to get behind on this because I need to move forward on other projects, so I am going to attempt to have my instructions complete by tomorrow. I will do a minimum post today to make sure I get this blog rolling but I intend to have the entire blog completed sometime this weekend. I will shoot to have the whole blog on installing a word press application on a new windows wamp server, coming from a hosted service. I know that by the end of this weekend I will start working on a LAMP project to port the production instance to.

I believe I will continue to grow this blog more specifically on WAMP rather then on word press in the future but for this weekend I will complete posts on installing WAMP, additional tools, base security, installing word press, configuring word press, importing data from and existing word press, changing word press root domain, configuring web server for permalinks, allowing external machines into the word press application and changing the word press database and admin password.

No comments: