Friday, September 26, 2008

Product Gathering for WAMP

Before we can get started we will need to download both WAMP and MYSQL Administrator. Although we do not need the MySQL Administrator we will get it for its easy to use interface.

The very first thing I need is a windows server to install the application on for this project I used a windows 2003 server.

I started this by doing a quick Google search I found WAMP Server Site immediately. The current version is 2.0c and includes the list below. Beyond the items they list are also mysqllite and phpmyadmin both decent management support tools. If you found the site and it was not in English a small English flag is on the right hand nav bar.

WampServer 2.0c [05/05/2008]
Includes :
- Apache 2.2.8
- MySQL 5.0.51b
- PHP 5.2.6

I then did a search for MySQL admin which resulted in me finding the MySQL GUI tools page. This tool set is currently at 5.0 release 12. After I found the site I logged in and downloaded the product. If you do not have an account you will need to create an account with a valid email address and log in. there is no charge for this account its just a registration.

No comments: